A new online platform for registering to extend temporary protection has been launched today (30th…More
In connection with the coronavirus epidemic and the declaration of the state of emergency, the Czech government has adopted steps to support and entrepreneurs, employees, and other economic subjects. We have made a list of the most important measures for you.
- The compensation for loss of earnings (nursing benefits) in the amount of CZK 424 per day will also be paid to self-employed persons who, after the introduction of the extraordinary government measure, have been taking care of children aged 6 to 13, on condition that the nursing benefits are not received by the other parent. It will be paid by the Ministry of Industry and Trade on the basis of an affidavit filed through the municipal trades licensing offices.
- From March to August, self-employed persons will be exempt from paying minimum mandatory social security payments and the state employment policy contribution, pension payments, and public health insurance.
- It will be possible to submit the income tax return without penalty until 1st July 2020 without having to prove the reasons related to coronavirus.
- Relief related to control statement.
- Cancellation of payment of June advances on personal and corporate income tax. The June advances (i.e. the second advance for quarterly payers and the first advance for half-yearly payers) will not be paid at all.
- The real estate acquisition tax return may be filed by 31st August 2020.
- Introduction of the tax loss carryback institute (retroactive settlement of tax loss) for both personal and corporate income tax for 2020. Taxpayers who experience a loss in 2020 will be able to apply it to returns for 2018 and 2019.
- Suspension of the obligation to electronically report sales for entities in all phases of the Electronic Sales Reporting System (EET) for the duration of the state of emergency and three months thereafter.
If you need help, use online consultancy services of NGOs and the Integration Centre Prague.