Liberal Professions

If you want to work as an independent actor or musician, you do not need a trade licence.

Rules for doing business in the area of agricultural production, forestry and water management also represent an exception – you just need to register at the municipal office.

If you want to perform a profession regulated by special regulations (usually requiring a state exam), you do not apply for a trade licence either. This concerns for example the following professions: lawyers, brokers, tax consultants, expert witnesses, psychotherapists and others. However, you have to meet other requirements to be able to practice these professions independently.

Specific instructions for starting a business for individual professions are available on in the Business Guide section. You can for example check out the step-by-step procedure of becoming a lawyer in the Czech Republic.