Visiting a Foreigner in the Czech Republic

Short-term visa

Would you like to invite a family member or a friend of yours to come over? If there is a visa requirement for their home country, then they have to arrange a short-term visa to the Czech Republic. You will need to make a so-called invitation of a foreigner for them at the Czech Foreigner Police department. Those people invited will then submit the invitation together with their visa application at a representative office of the CR abroad.

Long-term Visa for the Purpose of Family Reunification

According to the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals, your family members may come to the Czech Republic on a long-term visa for “family purposes”, which is issued by the Czech Ministry of the Interior for a maximum period of one year. The application is submitted at a representative body of the Czech Republic abroad. The time period for processing is 90 to 120 days. After arrival, as a foreigner, your family member can apply for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of family reunification.

Long-term Residence for the Purpose of Family Reunification in the Czech Republic

It is also possible to apply for a long-term residence permit for “the purpose of family reunification” in the Czech Republic right away. However, your family members may submit this application at the representative of the CR office only after 15 months of your residence in the Czech Republic and the time period for processing the application is up to 270 days.