We regularly bring your attention to the services of intercultural professionals on both our website…More
Source: Facebook page of the Integration Centre Prague
Due to the coronavirus situation, the Czech government has declared a state of emergency on Thursday 12th March. Gatherings of more than 30 people have been barred as of Friday and it is forbidden to travel to high-risk countries from Saturday. Kindergartens, shops, supermarkets, hospitals, drug stores, and during the day also restaurants will remain open. There are no restrictions for public transport. The state of emergency will be in force for 30 days.
The state of emergency concerns the following:
- With effect from 13th March 2020 at 6 p.m., there is a ban on theatre, music, film and other artistic performances, sports, cultural, religious and dancing events, exhibitions, festivals, pilgrimages, shows, markets, fairs, educational events, both public and private, with a participation of more than 30 persons at the same time. This measure does not apply to meetings of constitutional bodies, public authorities, courts and other public or private persons (eg a general meeting of a public limited company).
- With effect from 13th March 2020 at 8 p.m., it is banned to go to restaurants, bars and other catering between 8:00 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- With effect from 13th March 2020 at 8 p.m., sports facilities, gyms, natural and artificial swimming pools, solariums, saunas, wellness services, music and social clubs, entertainment facilities, public libraries, and galleries as well as eateries in shopping malls are closed.
- The government forbids Czech citizens to travel to Italy, Austria, Germany, China, Iran, South Korea, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Great Britain, Greece, and the USA.
- Foreigners from high-risk countries are banned from entering the country and Czech nationals are prohibited from travelling to the above mentioned high-risk destinations.
- In addition, the Czech police are now being deployed to check whether people who have been ordered into quarantine are staying indoors.
Please follow the websites below to keep yourself informed: